The objective is to analyze the conditions of research with health data in the medical field with a view to the Proposal for a Regulation on the European Health Data Space. It is a debate embedded in the European Digital Strategy and the European Health Data Space. Likewise, it is directly related to the proposals of the Data Governance Act and the Artificial Intelligence Act.
- Unión Europea de la Salud
- Sede Comisión Europea Representación España, Sala Europa.Paseo de la Castellana 46., Madrid, España
The European strategy for data aims at creating a single market for data that will ensure Europe’s global competitiveness and data sovereignty.
The European Health Data Space proposes in our view several key challenges:
- To form an interoperability framework that ensures appropriate use of health data for primary purposes and facilitates the necessary and functional health care services to a European area without borders.
- To promote a broad list of uses for secondary data.
- To have a strong impact on all actors involved by promoting rights as well as processing opportunities.
- Ensure effective control over data subjects' data and provide certainty and guarantees of their rights.
- Encourage the involvement of data holders and data intermediaries in the development of reusable datasets,
- Promote the creation of secure and traceable environment for the use of health data.
This seminar aims to discuss the requirements for healthcare research repositories. This event should include experts from all the sectors involved and, above all, researchers, governments, and data protection authorities. The profile of the experts should include the areas of privacy, artificial intelligence, security, data science, ethics, and governance, among others. Within this framework, a seminar is designed with the following objectives:
- To define the requirements that data lakes for health research should meet, considering, the current legislation and the developing framework.
- To reflect on the strategic definition of data governance frameworks.
- To consider the state of progress of the European standards proposed by the Commission.
9:30 Opening session
- Ms. María de los Ángeles Benítez Salas, Director of the Representation of the European Commission in Spain.
- Dr. Joaquín Aldás-Manzano, Vice-Principal for Planning, Quality and Information Technologies, Universitat de Vàlencia.
- Ms. Mar España Martí, Director of the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- Ms. Elena M. Grimme, Associate General Counsel at Microsoft and leads the Legal and Government Affairs professional in Western Europe.
10:00 The future of healthcare research: An overview on governance and requirements
- Dr. Ricard Martínez Martínez, Director of the Privacy and Digital Transformation chair.
10:45 European Health Data Space requirements: Building data repositories (the researchers point of view)
- Dr. Enrique Bernal-Delgado, Senior Scientist. Head of the Data Science for Health Services and Policy Research Group Institute for Health Sciences. IACS
- Dr. Luís Marti Bonmati, Head of the medical imaging department of Instituto de Investigación Universitaria La Fe and chairs the CHAIMELEON consortium.
11:30 European Health Data Space requirements: Security and interoperability
- Mr. Miguel Ángel Benito Tovar, representative of the Sociedad Española de Informática de la Salud representative and Data Protection Officer of the Balearic Islands Regional Healthcare System.
12:00 European Health Data Space requirements: Ethics
- Dr. Federico de Montalvo Jaaskelainen, Director of the Centre for Innovation in Law (CID-ICADE) and former President of the Spanish Bioethics Committee.
12:30 European Health Data Space requirements: And data protection
- Ms. Magdalena Kogut–Czarkowska, Attorney-at-law at TIMELEX and ELSI Group Member.
- Mr. Jesús Rubí Navarrete, Head of the Institutional Relations of the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- Mr. Leonardo Cervera Navas, Director at European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS).
13:30 European Health Data Space: Digital transformation and common good opportunities
- Mr. Andrea Pescino, Partner and Founder StratejAI and member of the Partner Advisory Council (PAC) of Microsoft Corporation.
- Mr. Gabriel Lopez Serrano, Government Affairs Director Microsoft Iberica.
14:15 Closing Session
Streaming HERE (9:45 CEST – 14:45 CEST)
Contact mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Catedra Privacidad y Transformación Digital Microsoft – Universitat de València HERE